Sunday, March 13, 2011

Inspired by Donna Downey


This is a small canvas that I did inspired by Donna Downey. I used Making Memories rub-ons and Golden Paints. It was quick and easy to make. I sprayed the canvas with water and then added the paint. Golden paints are joy to work with and cover well. After spraying the canvas I added the paint and blotted it to get the coverage I wanted. I used my heat gun to speed the drying. Once it was dry I added the rub-ons and then added a piece of patterned paper along the bottom of the canvas, added a sticker from 7 Gypsies and then stamped the flowers with Titanium white Golden paint. I also edged the canvas with Walnut Stain distress ink. My friend Gail was the recipient of the canvas. I always promise her I am going to send her items in the mail and it takes me forever to send it, so I had to make it up to her. She was needless to say surprised.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa, this is fantastic! I just started watching Donna's videos this week too, what a great source of inspiration! Your canvas turned out beautifully. Gail is a lucky lady! xx,
    Autumn Clark

    ReplyDelete